California dreamin'

Last year on the very same day, or, rather - early morning, I was boarding the plane to Frankfurt for a connecting flight to San Francisco, going back 10 hours in time for the most amazing holiday I've ever had.  Somehow I managed to switch off my inner control freak and just enjoy the time off with not a single worry on my mind for 16 days. That's gotta be my personal record!

As crazy as it sounds now, when there's mountains of snow outside the window, I spent the afternoon of the Christmas Eve on the beach getting my feet wet in the Pacific and eating my first Sub...


... on the first day of 2012 I was enjoying spectacular views of Big Sur going down Highway 101, stopping here and there for a hike...


... and the next day I roamed the steep streets of San Francisco and looked down from the majestic Golden Gate Bridge.


This video brings back kind of a similar feeling of that peaceful harmony mixed with the silent excitement of the unseen and the unknown. Thievery Corporation was with me on every single trip there and it's my personal California sound from now on.


I'm gonna come back there one day. When I'm filthy rich...

Powered by Blogger.