Take 1

First blog posts are overrated. There, I said it! Now that I've freed myself from the first blog post phobia that I've suddenly realized that I have, I can introduce myself - my name's Monika, and I'll be your guide into the magnificent world of everyday wonders. Well, at least I'm gonna try to provide some guidance, while guiding myself. I've recently watched a movie called 'Take This Waltz' (now that I've checked again, why is the IMDB rating so low? I would've given it at least a 7), which could be summed up with a simple but yet brilliant quote from the same movie: 'New things get old'. It kind of stuck with me, and even though this movie is more about relationships, people in these relationships and their feelings and emotions, I started seeing the shadows of this phrase all around me. Everything, that once seemed like the most exciting thing ever, becomes a given after a while and one starts taking it for granted. Pardon my cheesiness, but we just forget how awesome life is. In order to remember that (or better yet - not to forget it all) we must make things last, and, if necessary, re-invent them again and start seeing them in different light. By documenting my  own reality and daily reinventions, I will attempt to find the recipe to preserving the inner child, to whom every day is a discovery.

Have a good night, future readers,

M.

Powered by Blogger.