I want to dance!

I know that at least in Lithuania the whole dance mania has started approximately 4 years ago when dance  shows appeared on the national TV, but I've never even thought about taking it up as a hobby. Okay, I'm lying, I've just remembered that I'd dragged my friend to a free try-out jazz lesson a couple of years ago. I wasn't serious about it, just wanted to get a taste of what it felt like. And that taste was quite bitter. First of all, we were probably the only girls in their 20s among all the teenagers, and on top of that they'd schooled our asses hard. I kind of calmed myself down with the idea that they weren't newbies, probably practiced in front of a mirror at home with a youtube tutorial on or something. So after this first miserable attempt I've pushed the idea of doing it as a hobby into the back of my mind and decided to stick to dancing only during Friday girls' night outs with my friends. However, after this New Year's party and my 2 awesome dance partners I kind of re-discovered dancing again. Ahh, it's such a thrill! I remember the time when I watched Dirty Dancing and thought to myself: Okay, so what's all this fuss about?! Well, now I know. And I want to experience it again and again! I know for sure that I want to take up a partner dance, but I'm still debating which style I should choose. I'm leaning towards lindy hop, because it involves basically everything I would look for in a dance: awesome music, great vibe, challenging dance steps and most of all - the history and the feeling that lies behind it. So all I need right now is a willing dance partner and a steady living place. I guess I'm going to start in spring when I finally settle down. And for now I'm just going to marvel at all these incredible couples tearing the dance floor apart...


Powered by Blogger.