3 weeks in: a chaotic report

Over these last few weeks on top of my adaptation process I've also had a rude awakening. I've always known that I'm pretty bad with directions (to say the least...), my inner GPS either didn't get the latest upgrade or there's simply nothing to upgrade at all. However, I used to think that I'm at least good with figuring out the transportation systems when being abroad, afterall I was always the one carrying the tube maps and navigating through underground connections. Boy was I wrong... In the last 3 weeks I've managed to get on the S-Bahn taking me to the wrong direction, even though I've taken this particular one several times, after having trouble even FINDING the stop in the first place when following the simplest directions 'left and then left again'. I guess I'm just not that keen on going left... I've also missed my train cause I went to a different platform and waited there for a while. There's a couple even more embarrassing ones, but I'm not gonna bore you with details, cause the diagnosis is clear enough - I'm in a desperate need of a guide dog or something. Conveniently enough, my birthday is coming up.

This is not a guide dog sadly. This is Kora, the reason why my pants are covered in dog drool most of the time.

Talking about my birthday, I'm gonna celebrate it in Europa Park, which basically lies right in my neighbourhood - I live like 15mins away. I think it's one of the top most acceptable places to commemorate one's 24th birthday and treat that inner child. I seriously can't wait to just scream my lungs out and get that  long awaited adrenaline fix. I don't need much really, I shiver like a leaf even waiting for 45mins in the line to a ride with excitement bursting out of my ears. However, Europa Park offers some thrilling rollercoasters and I think that I should just rest my vocal chords for this special occasion.

To be honest, basically all they've been doing is pretty much resting, except for Thursdays, when I'm all alone with those 2 little monsters of mine, who, it seems, are stuck in a some sort self-destruct mode. Then I use my angry voice. Which is followed by some more disobedience - which is followed by lower pitched angry voice - which is followed by tears. Fun times! All in all, it's not so bad, given my limited vocabulary options. I get a chance to use modal verbs in practice a lot, which is our topic in the German course. Everything seems to be working out.

2 partners in crime looking for trouble.

Since the weather's been disappointingly shitty most of the time, and especially on the weekends, there's not that much happening in the entertainment department. However, I can finally check Django Unchained off my list - Tarantino, all hats are off, seriously, you rule. I'm going to be totally unoriginal and just say that besides an awesome storyline, cinematography and acting I liked the soundtrack very very much.

Okay, and since going out is not that much of an option these days, we found ways to make staying in more fun. I present to you epic meal time (minus the bacon strips): slightly less fabulous home edition ->


This leftover bottle has been sitting in the fridge for far too long. We've used it for cooking ground beef and I must say - it adds a sweet note to the meat and leaves a nice aftertaste. Definitely a must try! Just don't go overboard you latent alcoholics. ;}

Coming up: 10 things that will annoy the heck out of you in (Southern) Germany. Stay tuned.

One thoughts on “3 weeks in: a chaotic report

Anonymous said...

shitty yra pastaruoju metu mano dažniausiai naudojamas epitetas apie viską, apie orą irgi. :))

Powered by Blogger.