Happy Easter!

It's the first year that I'm celebrating Easter not at home with my family and it feels kind of strange creating my own Easter traditions which are basically just a mixture between Lithuanian and German ones. As I'm typing this, my 'fake bunnies' are baking in the oven (recipe borrowed from Surfing the World Cuisine). Sadly, they look more like rats, cause I forgot to buy bay leaves for the ears and I still don't know what to replace them with. I have 30 minutes to figure that out. 

Update: Easter rats with cucumber ears

Since I got a lot of already colored store-bought eggs as a present (here in Germany they make these colorful marble eggs as seen in the picture below), I haven't colored my own. It's a shame, cause it used be a big deal, my sister and I would always compete to make the nicest looking one. I also saved some egg shells and turned them into a little Easter garden by planting some cress (pipirnė) inside. This is used as a decoration now and later will be eaten mercilessly. It looked nice in my Easter e-card that I sent out to some relatives as well. Anyway, happy Easter everyone! Wish you lots of sunny days.



One thoughts on “Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Su Velykom!

Patinka tavo kiškiakotlečiai! Aš buvau kitam bloge nužiūrėjus kažką panašaus, ten ausys buvo padarytos iš ridikėlio. :) et, kada nors ir aš tokius iškepsiu. :)
O tradicijų kūrimas man yra pati mėgstamiausia švenčių dalis, nes mano šeima taip labai rimtai į tradicijas niekada nežiūrėjo, ir man jų vis trūkdavo, ir visada norėjau sukurti savo tradicijas, ir šventes švęsti, o ne atlikinėti kaip kokią pareigą. :)

Powered by Blogger.